The role of the Newman Primary School Board is to enable parents, staff and members of the wider community to engage in activities that will enhance the effectiveness of the school and the interests of the students. The functions of the school board are prescribed by the School Education Act 1999, School Education Regulations 2000 and The Delivery and Performance Agreement for Independent Public Schools.
Some of the activities the school board undertake include:
- Development and endorsement of the school’s annual report;
- Development, endorsement and review of the school business plan;
- Participating in processes relating to reviewing school performance;
- Supporting school infrastructure planning and development;
- Promotion of the school amongst the wider community; and
- Approving school contributions, charges, items to be supplied by students for personal use and agreements for sponsorship or advertising.
The current members of the Newman Primary School Board are:
- Mark Alchin (Chairperson)
- Jody Harrington (Principal)
- Jessica Jongen
- Kate Wilson
- Robyn Hudson
- Patrick Bourke
- Tenielle Lewis